1. Michael Connelly’s book, The Lincoln Lawyer, is a lot of fun.
2. Michael Connelly’s The Brass Verdict is a lot of fun too.
3. Michael Connelly’s The Lincoln Lawyer has been made into a movie starring Matthew McConaughey. The trailer look pretty good:
4. I love RiffTrax. Three of the guys from Mystery Science Theater 3000 are back making fun of movies. But instead of only riffing on old movies, they riff on new movies and some popular movies as well. Their riffs make The Matrix Revolutions and Battlefield Earth actually watchable and their riffs on Harry Potter are fun too.
5. Here’s Coca-Cola’s original recipe.
1. Sting’s Symphonicities is a pretty good album.
2. Fact: If all of the coal in the lower 48 states were mined, it would be enough coal to last 3,800 years at current U.S. consumption levels.
3. Despite what Time thinks, trade works two directions. We get benefits not only for exports, but imports improve our lives as well.
4. Andruw Jones might be worth a few million if the Yanks decide to pick him up.
5. Installing a solid state drive as your main computer drive is a fantastic upgrade
6. NOAA says 2010 tied with 2005 for warmest year in the surface temperature record
7. NASA’s surface temperature record also sets a record in 2010
8. USA drops to 9th in the 2011 Index of Economic Freedom
9. 20% of the world’s phones use Gorilla Glass made by Corning in upstate New York
10. The Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb starts slow